The Al Fahim Group's commitment to the community sits at the core of the family’s philosophy. Since its inception, the Group has generously supported those in need and actively sought opportunities that make a difference. Al Fahim Group's belief of giving back to society stems from the late founder, Abdul Jalil Al Fahim, who strongly believed that to continue succeeding one must refuel society with moral and financial support.
Over the years, the Group has been recognised for its work with a range of high level acknowledgments:
- In 2005, Al Fahim Group was bestowed the Abu Dhabi Award by His Highness General Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Forces.
- During 2007, Al Fahim Group received an appreciation award from His Highness General Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Forces, for being a Golden Donor to the Emirates Foundation bestowing it with AED four million.
- In 2012, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s Representative in the Western Region and Chairman of the Red Crescent Authority (RCA), awarded Abdul Jalil Al Fahim & Family Endowment for its generous humanitarian contributions locally and internationally.
Such acts and awards show the Group's compassion towards the less privileged, their religious roots and benevolent attitude.
Some of the wide ranging educational and personal development work the Group is involved in includes:
- The Group annually presents monetary awards to high school graduates across UAE who have maintained an outstanding academic performance to encourage them to pursue higher studies through the Abdul Jalil Al Fahim & Family Endowment.
- Al Fahim Group is very active in the local community, supporting special needs, emerging talent across the arts and sports as well as community engagement with local cultural programmes and initiatives including EMC Art for Charity and Donate a Brick amongst others.
Since 2010, Al Fahim Group has been an active participant in spreading awareness on early detection of breast cancer and diabetes. In collaboration with the Health Authority Abu Dhabi and Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, the group has sponsored activities, held awareness lectures and campaigns for employees as well as the community at large.
Al Fahim Group regards CSR as part of its ethical duty and its role as a good corporate citizen within Abu Dhabi, UAE and the wider world.